All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.
Project Management Essentials
Whether at home or at work, project management skills are essential for staying on target, minimizing stress and maximizing results. Led by an expert from MSOE’s Rader School of Business, this three-day training will arm you with the tools and techniques you need to knock your next project out of the park. You’ll learn key project management concepts, discover how to implement effective processes, and develop the leadership skills that will help you successfully plan, manage and deliver projects of any size and scope.
This accelerated course combines the fundamentals of the PMBOK Process Groups and Knowledge Areas with practical, field-tested project management methods and strategies. After successfully completing the course, you’ll earn the Project Management Essentials Certificate and be ready to tackle your next project with aplomb.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals who are new to project management
- Anyone who is looking to enhance their project management skills
Immediate Takeaways & Benefits
- Learn how to use sponsorship and stakeholder engagement to boost project success
- Understand the project management life cycle and how to plan requirements and deliverables accordingly
- Develop essential tools to help you manage, communicate and problem solve through every stage of the process
- Identify, estimate and schedule tasks required to execute a project on time
- Apply techniques for risk management and monitoring and controlling a project
- Assess project performance and address areas of continuous improvement
About the Instructor
Van Walling is a registered Professional Engineer, consultant and instructor at MSOE. He has more than four decades of experience in managerial and technical leadership in the consulting engineering industry. He has served in key leadership roles on major transportation infrastructure projects, developed and implemented sustainable process improvements, developed and delivered specialized training courses, managed multiple engineering offices and directed a nonprofit organization. Project management is one of his specialties.
Dates: March 7, 14 and 21, 2019
Time: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Why should you choose MSOE? Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.
“Over three fast-paced days, the Project Management Essentials course introduces, explores and analyzes the basic components of project management. The combination of instruction, discussion and group exercises creates and maintains interest for those whose project management resume ranges from nil to full. The focus is not rote memorization in preparation for an exam. Rather, participants are encouraged to identify — and concentrate on — the project management processes and knowledge areas from which they can benefit the most.”
— Van Walling, MSOE instructor