Catalyst for Future Success Summer Program
This summer program is designed to enhance your child’s science and math skills along with exposing them to new opportunities in STEM. In the 2019 program, students will explore four STEM subject tracks: 3D modeling & printing, biochemistry & biomolecular modeling, engineering design, and general sciences.
Payment plans are available for this program. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Where: Milwaukee School of Engineering Campus
When: June 17-28, 2019
Cost: $650 (scholarship opportunities available) / $600 for MSOE Members*
Time: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration Opens: February 1, 2019
Registration Closes: June 1, 2019 or when all spots are filled, whichever comes first
*Must sign up with a valid MSOE e-mail address to receive a $50 credit after registration closes
- STEM classes every day and a field trip each week
- Light snack & lunch Monday – Friday each week
- Aftercare from 4 - 5:30 p.m. during the camp duration
What’s Not Included:
- Transportation to and from the MSOE campus
- Lodging – please note that this is not a residential camp
To be admitted into the Catalyst program students must have appropriate classroom behavior and:
- Currently be in 5th, 6th or 7th grade
- Earn a 2.5 GPA or better in core classes (math, science, English, etc.)
Registration for Scholarship Applicants Closes April 26th
Thanks to generous donors, MSOE can offer a limited number of full ride scholarships for the Catalyst program to those qualifying for free/reduced lunch. Please note that these scholarships are highly competitive, and as such, incomplete applications will not be considered.
To be considered for a scholarship, students must meet ALL admission requirements, agree to attend ALL program dates, and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 26th at 5 p.m. C.S.T. with the subject line: (Student Name) – Catalyst Scholarship Application:
- A letter from a teacher, counselor, or other non-family member who can speak to the student’s potential for success and desire to explore STEM
- A letter from the student expressing why they want to attend the Catalyst program
- DPI Student Precollege Scholarship Application Form
- Agreement from the parent or guardian that student will be able to attend all program dates
- A copy of the students academic transcript or report card