Catalyst for Future Success Summer Program
Kick start your child’s future success by enrolling him or her in the Catalyst for Future Success program at MSOE. This summer program is designed to enhance your child’s science and math skills along with exposing them to new opportunities in STEM. If your child demonstrates an interest and talent in science, math and technology – Catalyst is the place to be!
Where: Milwaukee School of Engineering Campus
When: June 18–29, 2018
Cost: $650 (scholarship opportunities available) / $600 for MSOE Members*
Time: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration Closes: June 1, 2018 or when all spots are filled, whichever comes first
*Must sign up with a valid MSOE e-mail address to receive a $50 credit after registration closes
- STEM classes every day and a field trip each week
- Light snack & lunch Monday – Friday each week
- Aftercare from 4 - 5:30 p.m. during the camp duration
What’s Not Included:
- Transportation to and from the MSOE campus
- Lodging – please note that this is not a residential camp
To be admitted into the Catalyst program students must have appropriate classroom behavior and:
- Currently be in 5th, 6th or 7th grade
- Earn a 2.5 GPA or better in core classes (math, science, English, etc.) as verified by a transcript or official report card
Registration for Scholarship Applicants Closes May 4
Thanks to generous donors, MSOE can offer a limited number of full ride scholarships for the Catalyst program to those qualifying for free/reduced lunch. Please note that these scholarships are highly competitive, and as such, incomplete applications will not be considered.
To be considered for a scholarship, students must meet ALL admission requirements, agree to attend ALL program dates, and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 4 at 5 p.m. C.S.T. with the subject line: (Student Name) – Catalyst Scholarship Application:
- A letter from a teacher, counselor, or other non-family member who can speak to the student’s potential for success and desire to explore STEM
- A letter from the student expressing why they want to attend the Catalyst program
- Approval for verification of free/reduced lunch status with current school (please include school name)
- Agreement from the parent or guardian that student will be able to attend all program dates