Catalyst for Future Success Summer Program
This summer program is designed to enhance your child’s science and math skills through seeing real world applications of STEM subject areas. In the 2019 program, explored three subject tracks: 3D modeling & printing, biochemistry & biomolecular modeling, & engineering design. 2020 program offerings are being finalized presently.
Payment plans are available for this program. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Due to COVID19 concerns, this program has been cancelled for 2020. Please subscribe to our STEM mailing list using the link in the sidebar for notifications of virtual and alternative opportunities that may become available.
Where: Milwaukee School of Engineering Campus
When: June 15th - 26th, 2020
Cost: $600 (scholarship opportunities available) / $550 for MSOE Members*
Time: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration Opens: February 3rd, 2020
Registration Closes: May 1, 2020 or when all spots are filled, whichever comes first
*Must sign up with a valid MSOE e-mail address to receive a $50 refund after registration closes
- STEM classes every day and a field trip each week
- Light snacks in the afternoon
- Aftercare from 4 - 5:30 p.m. during the camp duration
What’s Not Included:
- Transportation to and from the MSOE campus
- Lunch is not included for the 2020 program and the price has been reduced accordingly
- Lodging – please note that this is not a residential camp
To be admitted into the Catalyst program students must have appropriate classroom behavior and:
- Currently be in 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade
- Earn a 2.5 GPA or better in core classes (math, science, English, etc.). Standards based students should be meeting or approaching the standards in their core classes.
Scholarship Applicantions Now Close May 8th Due to COVID19 Closures
Thanks to generous donors, MSOE can offer a limited number of full ride scholarships for the Catalyst program to those qualifying for free/reduced lunch. Please note that these scholarships are highly competitive, and as such, incomplete applications will not be considered.
To be considered for a scholarship, students must meet ALL admission requirements, agree to attend ALL program dates, and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 8th at 5 p.m. C.S.T. with the subject line: (Student Name) – Catalyst Scholarship Application:
- A letter from a teacher, counselor, or other non-family member who can speak to the student’s potential for success and desire to explore STEM
- A letter from the student expressing why they want to attend the Catalyst program
- DPI Student Precollege Scholarship Application Form
- Agreement from the parent or guardian that student will be able to attend all program dates
- A copy of the students academic transcript or report card