Read more about MSOE's User Experience and Communication Design undergraduate degree.
User Experience and Communication Design
The User Experience and Communication Design degree program at MSOE is an interdisciplinary program that provides students with the essential skills to design digital experiences, environments, products, and services for customers and end users. Specifically, the program provides foundations of visual design and multimedia production, human factors, usability, content management, and information architecture. Students are prepared for careers in user experience, interaction design, usability, design research, content management, and technical communication.
Employment in digital fields is projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand will be driven by the growing popularity of mobile devices and e-commerce. In our state of the art Mac Lab, you’ll develop tools to meet these demands and share in the challenges of turning creative ideas into immersive and engaging interactive digital experiences.
You may want to consider UXCD if you have…
- A strong interest in web, mobile, and emerging technologies.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and a passion for great design.
- A high degree of creativity and curiosity.
- Problem-solving skills and an understanding of human behavior.
- The ability to grasp complex ideas and translate them into clean, seamless and understandable solutions.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
Graduate Outcomes Rate for the Program
Get to know our distinguished User Experience and Communication Design faculty!