Successful companies recognize that project management is crucial in today’s high-paced business environment. Project managers must deal with compressed schedules, numerous and diverse stakeholders, limited budgets, and an increasingly diverse and global environment. The Project Management Lead Certificate is directed at individuals who will lead and direct project teams.
The Project Management Lead Certificate is a five-day workshop which is the second of two certificate programs available for project management. This certificate program is based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMBOK® Process Groups and Knowledge areas. It will teach you and your organization the essential knowledge and skills to lead and direct successful project teams. This course also qualifies as the eligibility requirement for those individuals pursuing the PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) credential. The course instructors are MSOE Rader School of Business faculty who possess extensive project management experience in addition to the latest techniques for adult learning.
- Using the associate level as a basis, explore the process groups and knowledge further to make sure the participant can effectively direct others to execute the project tasks.
- Utilize examples and exercises to take the participant beyond the basics and gain an understanding of the issues a project manager faces during project execution.
- Include social and professional ethics as issues confronted by project managers.
- Focus on the crucial role of the project manager as the leader of the team. This includes leadership, communication, and management skills.
- The five phases of project management; initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing.
- The impact of professional and social issues on project management.
- Several quantitative techniques and quality philosophies not covered by PMBOK®, but necessary for project management
- The use of behavioral assessment in project team management.
- Study and preparation tips for individuals interested in acquiring the PMP certification
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Direct all the activities required for a successful project.
- Successfully influence, interact, and manage all of the project stakeholders
- Utilize proven leadership skills and techniques to mange and direct your team
Milwaukee School of Engineering reserves the right to revise at any time, without notice, any and all programs, fees and costs stated herein in accordance with the best academic and industrial standards as recommended by its advisory committees. The right also is reserved to cancel any course or subject at any time because of insufficient registration or other valid reason.