Online Request

  • Go to
  • Click on the "Get Transcript ONLINE" link.
  • Create an account and follow the prompts.
  • You will be asked your reasoning for requesting a transcript. You should indicate "Higher Education/Student Aid."
  • Please select "2013" under the Return Transcript section.
  • The PDF will show in a different window. You can download and email or print the transcript.

Telephone Request

  • Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946
  • Follow the prompts and enter the required information (filer's SSN and address).
  • You will be asked which tax year you would like a transcript for. Choose "2013."
  • You will be asked to choose the type of transcript you need. Choose "Return Transcript."


IRS Data Retrieval Tool
You can transfer your 2013 Federal Tax Return information directly from the IRS to your 2014-15 FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. You can access this tool by making corrections to your previously submitted FAFSA. If the IRS Data Retrieval tool is used successfully, you are no longer required to submit a tax return transcript to the Financial Aid Office. You may be ineligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool if:

  • Your filing status is Married Filing Separately or Head of Household
  • You filed an amended tax return or filed a Puerto Rican or foreign tax return
  • You recently filed your taxes (less than 2 weeks if you filed electronically, less than 8
    weeks if you filed via mail)

To use the IRS DRT:

  • Go to and select "Login."
  • Enter the student's name, SSN and date of birth and select "Next." Then select "Make FAFSA Corrections."
  • Once you are logged in, go to the "Financial Information" section; the fifth tab on the top.
  • If you filed taxes, confirm the tax filing status is "Already Completed."
  • Answer a set of questions to determine if you are eligible to use the tool. (If you are eligible, a "Link to IRS" button will appear.)
  • On the IRS website, after you enter and verify your information, you will need to select "Transfer Now."
  • Once the IRS data for the student and/or parent is transferred to the FAFSA, select the "Sign & SUbmit" tab. The FAFSA must be signed electronically with the student and parent PINs and resubmitted for processing.