In order to begin processing an application for admission, the following documents must be received by Graduate & Professional Education Department at least 60 days before the beginning of the term you plan to start. MSOE courses are on a quarter system and classes begin September, November, and March. If you do not receive your F-1 student visa in time to start, your admission will be deferred until the next starting term. For some graduate programs, you can only start in the Fall term.
The international graduate student application requirements are as follows:
- A completed International Student Application. You can apply online through our web site for free. Please make sure your address and contact information are correct in the application. The application must be completed before you are considered for admission.
- Official college/university transcripts. A bachelors degree is required for admission to our graduate programs.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online or by email. Letters could be from professors and past or present managers or employers.
- International students are required to take the GRE for MSE, MSMI, MSN, MSP; GRE or GMAT required for MBA, MSCBM, MSEM, MSNP, MSXM.
- Personal statement. A one-page letter stating why you would like to study in MSOE’s graduate program.
- Official IELTS or TOEFL scores directly from www.IELTS.org or Educational Testing Service (www.toefl.org). MSOE school code is 1476 for the TOEFL exam. For students wanting conditional admission (needing English), please contact the graduate admissions counselor for more information. We will waive the IELTS/TOEFL if: You have successfully completed the English as a Second Language program from MSOE or one of our approved partners OR your undergraduate degree is from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education that utilizes English as the primary language (official transcript required).
- Completed MSOE Financial Certificate with all of the correct signatures and a financial seal on the certificate. In place of the MSOE financial certificate form, you may submit an original letter on bank letterhead with your name, and the amount of funds available for your first year of study.
- Completed Housing form (only if you would like to live on campus)
- Copy of your current valid passport
- MSOE Signature Form to the application (original document required)
- Proof of Health Insurance; In English (only if you plan to not have the MSOE health insurance option)
For students transferring from a college outside of the United States, please submit course descriptions of classes taken. We will evaluate course descriptions to determine if we are able to transfer credits into a graduate program at MSOE. Students may be able to transfer a maximum of 9 credits into a graduate degree.
For students transferring from a college in the U.S., please submit the Transfer Form for International Students.
Please mail all paperwork 60 days in advance to:
MSOE Graduate & Professional Education
1025 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202