Program-Specific Admission Requirements
All candidates for the MBA in Education Leadership must be nominated prior to completing an application. For nomination information, please visit the nomination page. Candidates who are nominated will receive information about the application via email.
Applicants for the MBA in Education Leadership program must meet MSOE general requirements for graduate study in addition the program-specific requirements. All applicants for the MBA in Education Leadership program must:
- Have earned a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA in an undergraduate program completed at an accredited institution.
- Submit GRE or GMAT scores showing performance in the top 25th percentile of the verbal component.
- Have completed a Wisconsin DPI-approved educator preparation program, or a Wisconsin approved educator preparation program in another state or country.
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, a Professional Educator License in teaching or pupil services.
- Have three years of successful, full-time classroom teaching experience, or three years of successful experience as pupil services professional including 540 hours of classroom teaching experience.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from former employers or supervisors who can describe the candidate’s leadership potential
For Woodrow Wilson MBA Fellowship Consideration
- Be nominated by a school or community leader who completes a Woodrow Wilson MBA Fellowship online nomination form
- Receive an invitation to apply to the MBA in Education Leadership program following nomination
- Be willing to participate in an in-person interview process in January, 2014
- Be selected by the Woodrow Wilson Fellowship Team
- Be willing to commit to serving as a principal or school leader for at least three years following program completion
For summer 2014 program start:
Nominations must be received by: 12/31/2013
Applications must be received by: 12/31/2013
Acceptance decisions announced by: 2/15/2013