In order to be eligible for the Youth Options Program:
- Students must have completed the 10th grade.
- Students must have good academic standing and have an acceptable disciplinary record.
- Students must must apply to the post-secondary institution in the semester prior to the one in which the student plans to attend the post-secondary course.
- Students must apply no later than March 1st for a course to be taken in the fall semester or October 1st for a course to be taken in the spring semester.
How you benefit:
- You take a college course at no cost.
- If you successfully complete the course you may be granted high school and college credit. Check with your guidance counselor for your school districts policies.
- Advanced learning opportunities.
- Early transitioning to college.
Materials required for application:
- A Department of Public Instruction plan and report form (Obtain from your guidance department).
- A MSOE Undergraduate Application.
- An official high school transcript through last completed high school semester.
- A MSOE Youth Options Application.
Enrollment may be subject to class space limitations.
Although students may enroll in any MSOE course for which they meet the prerequisites, the following freshman level courses have typically been popular with YOP students. Download the Academic Catalog to browse the available courses. In order for your school district to pay for a course, they must first approve your enrollment in that course. Please note that course times vary each quarter.
The following are some suggested YOP courses at MSOE.
- AE-1312 Intro to Building Information Modeling (1 credit)
- BA-1001 Fundamentals of Business (4 credits)
- BA-1800 Business Information Technology
- CE-1901 Digital Logic l (4 credits)
- CH-200, CH-201 Chemistry l, ll (4 credits)
- CS-2852 Data Structures (4 credits)
- EB-1001 Intro. To Biomolecular Engineering (3 credits)
- HU-489 Film Studies (3 credits)
- HU-494 Creative Thinking (3 credits)
- MA 1840 Computer Applications in Applied Mathematics
- MA 2830 Linear Algebra (4 credits)
- MA-136, MA-137, MA-231 Calculus for Engineers l, ll, lll
- ME-1601 Intro. To Engineering Design (3 credits)
- MS-221 Microeconomics (3 credits)
- MS-273 Website Design (3 credits)
- MS-275 Advanced Website Design (3 credits)
- MS-277 Multimedia for Website Design
- MS-2810 Intro. to Computer Programming Visual Basic (3 credits)
- MS-322 Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- PH 2010 Physics 1 Mechanics (4 credits)
- SE-1011 Software Development l (4 credits)
- SE-1021 Software Development ll (4 credits)
- TC-172 Desktop Publishing (3 credits)
- TC-321 Visual Design Techniques (4 credits)
- TC-4510 Mass Media, Culture and Society
- TC-452 Interpersonal Communication
- TC-453 Intercultural Communication (3 credits)
Questions regarding the Youth Options Program at MSOE may be directed to Dan Meiser at (414) 277-2577, or by email at email@example.com
Office of Undergraduate Admissions/YOP
1025 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3109