Private discussions allow you to limit who can see your conversation. Private discussions appear in the Communications streams of people who you send them to. You must be following the people you want to have a private discussion with before they will see the message.
To start a private discussion:
1. Click on the red Create button in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Select Discussion from the dropdown menu.
3. Enter a title for your discussion in the field at the top.
4. Your discussion can be marked as a question to encourage people to answer for points. If your goal is to start a discussion but not look for one correct answer, do not check “Mark this discussion as a question.”
5. Write your discussion starter in the content box. You can format your text however you’d like, or insert videos, images, hyperlinks, emoticons, or tables.
6. To attach files, click the Browse button beneath the content field and select the files you want to upload.
7. Select the Specific People radio button to work privately with a few people on the discussion.
8. Enter the names of the people you wish to collaborate with privately.
9. Add relevant tags to your discussion so it is easily searchable. Only those who have access to the private discussion will see it in search results. You can choose from a list of popular tags or write your own. Tags should be descriptive keywords that relate to the content of your document.
10. Click Post.