- Program Details
If you’re a professional working for a company or organization driven by technology, the MSOE MBA is designed for you. Built upon more than 50 years of tradition preparing engineers and technical professionals for advancement to leadership careers, the MSOE MBA serves students from a variety of industry backgrounds.
MBA Information is available in the following languages:
Program Features and Benefits
- You will experience rich faculty/student interaction that is the hallmark of an MSOE education.
- MSOE professors possess world-class academic credentials, have substantial business leadership experience, and are outstanding teachers.
- Classes are offered 100% online or in MSOE’s blended, Internet format (technology enhanced delivery that utilizes a combination of scheduled face-to-face classes and online delivery).
- Our course delivery options add flexibility to your learning options. The amount of time you spend sitting in class is reduced, while time spent on project-focused learning is enhanced.
- Time to completion is yours to control. You can attend on a part-time or full-time basis. You are an MBA student on day one.
- The innovative and integrated design of the MSOE MBA focuses your learning at the graduate level with no need for refresher, foundation or prerequisite steps once you are admitted.
100% Online delivery
Geography is not a constraint for students interested in completing the MBA at a distance. In addition to the Blended, Internet format mentioned above, there also is an option to take courses via 100% online distance delivery. The rich faculty, student interaction that is the hallmark of the MBA is replicated in online classes creating dynamic and flexible learning environments. Students can choose which format best fits their lives, while advancing their learning and professional skills.
All MSOE graduate students are eligible to apply for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. Most of MSOE’s graduate students are employed full-time and over 70% receive employer tuition support. If you are employed, we also recommend that you speak with your employer about tuition reimbursement assistance.
For more information, contact
MSOE Graduate Admissions
Course Requirements – 45 Total Credits
MB-6000 Distributed Leadership for Effective Organizations(4 credits)
MB-6100 Statistical Thinking and Data Analytics(4 credits)
MB-6200 Creating Financial Intelligence(4 credits)
MB-6310 Professional Seminar I: Leadership Education(1 credit)
MB-6320 Professional Seminar II(1 credit)
MB-6400 Economic Analysis for Decision Making(4 credits)
MB-6600 Developing and Leveraging Human Capital(4 credits)
MB-6900 Project Management for Leading Change(4 credits)
MB-7500 Building Value through Process and Technology(4 credits)
MB-7700 Maximizing Stakeholder Relationships(4 credits)
MB-7800 Strategy, Innovation & Entrepreneurship(4 credits)
MB-7900 Strategic Foresight(4 credits)
MB-8110 MBA Project – Phase I(1 credit)
MB-8120 MBA Project – Phase II(1 credit)
MB-8130 MBA Project – Phase III(1 credit)
*MSOE follows an academic quarter system. The 45 quarter credits required in this program equate to approximately 30 semester credits of contact and class time.
MBA with Construction Management Specialization
Course Requirements – 45 Total Credits
MB 6310 Professional Seminar I (1 credit)
MB 6000 Distributed Leadership for Effective Organizations (4 credits)
MB 6100 Statistical Thinking and Data Analytics (4 credits)
MB 6900 Project Management for Leading Change (4 credits)
MB 6320 Professional Seminar II (1 credit)
MB 6200 Creating Financial Intelligence (4 credits)
MB 6400 Economic Analysis for Decision Making (4 credits)
MB 6600 Developing and Leveraging Human Capital (4 credits)
MG 7005 Sustainable Built Environment (3 credits)
MG 7020 Project Acquisitions and Business Development (3 credits)
MG 7040 Construction Operations and Management Strategies (3 credits)
MG 7045 Lean Construction and Resource Management (3 credits)
MG 7050 Construction Data and Information Management (3 credits)
MB 8900 Integration Field Project (1 credit)
MB 8110 MBA Project – Phase I (1 credit)
MB8120 MBA Project – Phase II (1 credit)
MB 8130 MBA Project – Phase III (1 credit)
The MSOE MBA is designed to develop competencies in a broad range of topics that will allow our graduates to:
- Lead Organizations – organization management and administration
- Lead Others – effective human resource management/development and stakeholder relationships
- Lead Self – personal behavior, characteristics, traits and skills of effective leaders
- Lead for High-Performance – developing a culture and climate that foster high achievement
- Lead Now and for the Future – cultivating mission/vision with input from broad representation of stakeholders
The MBA program was approved by the Higher Learning Commission in November 2013 and also mirrors the standards included in other academic accreditation agencies.
Please contact the program director for a complete list of expected student outcomes and competencies.