We're excited to have you as part of the MSOE family! There's are just a few things that we need you to take care before Welcome Weeks arrives.
Raider Orientation, Advising and Registration
ROAR is mandatory for all new first year students as the next step of officially becoming a MSOE Raider. ROAR connects students and their families with the campus resources that will aid in a smooth transition into the university.
MSOE's ROAR will:
- Offer students and their parents/guardians an opportunity to be connected to MSOE and prepare them for their upcoming transition to college
- Learn about the registration process and receive their first term schedules
- Attend financial aid, students accounts (payment plan info), residence life (roommate info.) and campus life information sessions
- Meet with key support staff that will aid in their success as a student
- Activate official campus account including email
- Get an official campus Student ID
- Have fun and get to know new Raiders
Due to COVID-19 we are working diligently to bring our process for Raider Orientation, Advising and Registration online. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will be updating this page as new information and updates become available. You will receiving a new student orientation packet in late June.
2020 MSOE Summer Reading Experience
You are invited to join MSOE faculty, staff, and returning students in reading Bad Bloodby John Carreyrou this summer. All incoming students are invited to read this book before starting MSOE in fall. Our common summer reading experience is designed to build community and create common ground between all members of the MSOE community. Your faculty will integrate the themes from this book into courses throughout the year to build off this shared summer experience. The goal is to create an opportunity for meaningful dialogue with both educators and peers inside the classroom and beyond throughout the 2020-2021 academic year. Get your book today and be prepared to join the conversation in September – Bad Blood by John Carreyrou is readily available from your local library as well as from numerous retailers in hardcopy, electronic, and audio formats.
If you are interested in taking a deeper dive into the topics in the book, we recommend the following supplemental resources:
We’re pumped for your arrival to campus. Check out some of the awesome events we have in store for you and more information about moving to campus.
We're here to help you and your MSOE student get off on the right foot. We've compiled a list of helpful resources for our great parents like you!
Learn your way around the MSOE campus and its surrounding community!