MSOE students will need their MSOE email to log into their my Financial Aid account to check the status of their financial aid award. Incoming students will receive their MSOE email account once they are registered for classes.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
COVID - 19 Updates for Financial Aid:
DISTRIBUTION OF CARES ACT FUNDING UPDATE (6/18/2020): We recognize that many students are experiencing unexpected financial hardships due to the COVID 19 crisis. The Coronavirus Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed by Congress and signed into law on March 27,2020. MSOE has received funding from the CARES Act for direct emergency grant payments to students whose lives have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal is to get these grants distributed to students as quickly as possible and will be utilizing the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to identify eligible students. Undergraduate Title IV eligible student awards, who were enrolled during the spring term, were prioritized based on students who have the greatest need as determined by the Expected Family Contribution from filing the FAFSA.
All eligible undergraduate students funds will be directly deposited to their bank account or sent via mail if direct deposit is not set up with MSOE. The grant is intended for academically related expenses incurred due to COVID-19 from the disruption of campus operations. Some examples include expenses related to food, housing, course materials, technology, healthcare, and childcare. The receipt of these funds will serve as verification that the student has financial needs in one or more of these areas.
If you have additional questions about the CARES Act or this Emergency Grant, please visit MSOE’s financial aid website or contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or by calling 414-277-7223.
- CARES ACT UPDATE: The Department of Education requires that schools receiving CARES Act Funding publish on their website information about Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) allocations. You may view this report here.
- VIDEO MEETINGS WITH FINANCIAL AID: The MSOE Financial Aid Office is now taking student and parent requests for video and phone call meetings via Microsoft Teams during our regular walk-in hours (M-F, 8am-4pm). To set up a virtual face-to-face video call with the walk-in counselor, students and parents should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 277-7223.
- WALK IN HOURS WITH FINANCIAL AID: The Financial Aid Office is closed to walk in traffic until further notice. You may still contact us via phone, email, mail, or fax, and we will still have counselors available during this time period, at the hours listed below. Please visit MSOE's Coronavirus Page for more information.
- INFORMATION ABOUT STUDENT LOANS: The U.S. Department of Education has also put out some helpful information on Financial Aid for Students, Parents, and Borrowers. Please visit their page here to learn more about forebearance, interest accrual, and other implications of federal student aid.
- COVID-19 SCAMS AND FINANCIAL AID: The National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators has noted that there is a rise of consumer protection complaints and scams related to debt relief and COVID-19. Please be wary of any communication regarding debt relief, and please review any information regarding loans or student debt relief at official sources. You can view their news release here.
- NOTARIZED DOCUMENTS FOR FINANCIAL AID: Students who are unable to turn in person or get notarized the Identity and Educational Purpose Statement, or the Citizenship Affidavit, are encouraged to reach out to our office at the information below. We have alternative steps to assist you in getting this turned in promptly and without delay.
- SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS POLICY UPDATE: MSOE's Financial Aid Office has made accommodations in regards to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy in light of Pass/Fail coursework, for students to maintain their eligibility for Financial Aid. Please review the update and our Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy here.
The financial aid office is dedicated to helping you identify the best resources available to assist in completing your education at MSOE. There are a variety of loans, scholarships and financial aid opportunities that you may be eligible to take advantage of. Below are a number of resources to help you get started.
We can be reached through the following means of contact, and typically have financial aid staff available for walk in counseling.
Contacting Financial Aid:
MSOE Financial Aid Office, CC431
1025 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Phone: (414) 277-7223
Fax: (414) 277-6952
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Walk-in Counseling Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Video Calls: The MSOE Financial Aid Office is now taking student and parent requests for video and phone call meetings via Microsoft Teams during our regular walk-in hours (M-F, 8am-4pm). To set up a virtual face-to-face video call with the walk-in counselor, students and parents should email email@example.com or call (414) 277-7223.
Need to send us documents?
Please provide requested documents to us in-person or by mail. We have a drop box outside our office for after normal business hours. Please do not electronically send us sensitive documents without first taking the proper steps to black out and secure sensitive information. Files can be sent to us by filling out the form at Financial Aid File Upload