Learn what to bring and what is included in your Residence Hall room.
Living on Campus
The Residence Life team nurtures a welcoming and inclusive environment for more than 1,400 residents within its four residential facilities.
- Hermann Viets Tower (VT) is a traditional-style residence hall accommodating up to 538 students.
- Margaret Loock Residence Hall (MLH) is a traditional-style residence hall accommodating up to 427 students.
- Regents Residence Hall (RGN) is a suite-style residence hall accommodating up to 88 students.
- Grohmann Tower (GT) is an apartment-style residential building accommodating more than 350 residents (e.g., students, faculty, and staff).
Additional information will be shared via e-mail after July 17, 2023. Students should check their MSOE e-mail address regularly for updates and information.
- Fall move-in begins on Thursday, August 24, 2023 for new students.
- Fall move-in begins on Saturday, August 26, 2023 for returning students.
- Carter Academy moves in on Thursday, July 22, 2023.
- Early drop-off will occur between Friday, August 18, 2023 and Sunday, August 20, 2023.
Living on campus is a great way to meet new people, experience Milwaukee events, and have the convenience of all campus resources nearby. Nearly all first-year and second-year students live on campus in our residence halls. All unmarried first-year and second-year students under 21 live in one of our residence halls unless their primary residence is within 30 miles of campus. Students completing their residency requirement receive the unlimited meal plan.
What We Offer
We offer single-gender or co-ed floors in our traditional residence halls (Herman Viets Tower, Margaret Loock Residence Hall), gender-inclusive, suite-style housing (Regents Residence Hall), and apartment-style housing (Grohmann Tower). Contact Living at MSOE to learn more about options and eligibility.
The Residential Experience
Our newest residence hall is Hermann Viets Tower, which opened in Fall 2021. Our residential experience offers ample student engagement opportunities, including Living Learning Communities, Interest Communities, and the Residence Hall Association. Incoming first-year nursing students can live alongside like-minded individuals in the Nursing Living Learning Community and engage in academic support and community-building. Check your current room and meal plan information on your myMSOE student page.
MSOE partners with Transact to make paying online quick and easy. Just select what you are paying to be redirected to the appropriate payment site.
Use Raider Dollars for cash-free purchases on campus.
Helpful information for both new and returning students when moving into our residence halls and Grohmann Tower!
Frequency asked questions about living on-campus.
Incoming freshman can live alongside like-minded individuals and collaborate with both the School of Nursing and Residence Life to engage in academic support and community-building.
Explore MSOE’s campus before visiting in person! Use our interactive map to visit our campus housing and academic buildings, see our athletic fields and check out the Milwaukee neighborhood that we call home.