Live alongside like-minded individuals and collaborate with both the School of Nursing and Residence Life to engage in academic support and community-building.
Nursing Living Learning Community
The Nursing LLC is designed to promote student engagement and development in their academic focus, as well as provide exclusive opportunities to explore MSOE’s campus and community as they learn about their future profession.
About the Nursing Living Learning Community
The Nursing Living Learning Community (LLC) is an opportunity for students to live alongside like-minded individuals in the Grohmann Tower. Nursing LLC members collaborate with both the School of Nursing and Residence Life to engage in academic support and enjoy programs for building community. Students who have participated in an LLC have expressed an increase in academic success, higher GPA and a greater sense of belonging.
Benefits of the Nursing Living Learning Community
- Exclusive early move-in and retreat with professional staff
- Access to a nursing faculty advisor and Residence Life staff on a weekly basis
- Regularly scheduled social outings, professional development and volunteer opportunities
- Nursing tutoring, weekly study nights and access to study materials in Grohmann Tower
The Anatomy and Physiology JumpStart program will help you develop your skills and gain confidence working on the structured objectives in ALEKS, connect with Anatomy and Physiology faculty and build your MSOE community.
About Grohmann Tower
The Grohmann Tower is MSOE’s apartment-style residence hall. In addition to collaborative on-site classrooms and lounges, the Grohmann Tower features:
- Two-person apartments on a co-ed floor
- 525–592 square-feet depending on layout
- Furnishings include bed, dresser, desk and chair
- Kitchenette includes stove, refrigerator and microwave
- AC/Heat and utilities provided
- Laundry room on 4th floor accessible with Raider Dollars
- Free Wi-Fi when students bring their own router
About Living-Learning Communities
Living-learning communities (LLCs) are unique housing groups that allow students to extend their learning beyond the classroom and enable the university to continue fostering the growth of the MSOE Mindset, which identifies graduates as leaders of character; responsible professionals; passionate learners; and value creators. LLCs create comprehensive in- and out-of-class learning environments that offer heightened levels of student engagement with faculty, peers and their own learning.
Regarded as a high-impact educational practice, LLCs have shown demonstrated impact on student engagement, retention, graduation and personal success by integrating students into a community of like-minded learners. The new space will help MSOE to continue attracting high-caliber students from around the globe, improve student satisfaction, and give them a residential experience to match the quality of the education they are receiving.