U.S. News & World Report rankings highlight MSOE’s commitment to educational excellence
The dedication and commitment of MSOE faculty and staff to deliver an exceptional educational experience was once again recognized by U.S. News & World Report in the 2022-23 U.S. News Best Colleges Rankings. MSOE is highly ranked in several categories and continues to be among the best educational institutions in the United States. The rankings evaluate 1,500 colleges and universities on up to 17 measures of academic quality.
MSOE’s engineering programs were named among the best in the United States:
- 10th Best Engineering Programs overall in the U.S. among engineering schools whose highest degree is a bachelor’s or master’s
- 5th Best Computer Engineering Program in the U.S.
- 6th Best Civil Engineering Program in the U.S.
- 9th Best Electrical Engineering Program in the U.S.
- 10th Best Mechanical Engineering Program in the U.S.
The university received the following designations in the Midwest:
- 6th Best University in the Midwest
- 2nd Best University in the Midwest for Veterans
- 10th Best Value University in the Midwest
- 17th Most Innovative University in the Midwest
- 92nd Top Performer in Social Mobility (a measure of how well schools graduated federal Pell Grant recipients)
For the second year, U.S. News ranked the top 700 undergraduate nursing programs in the nation and MSOE’s nursing program the 206th Best Undergraduate Nursing Program in U.S.
The U.S. News Best Colleges Rankings are just one of several that recognize MSOE’s commitment to providing our students an exceptional educational experience with a high value proposition. We also were recently honored as:
- Best University in the Midwest, The Princeton Review (every year since 2003)
- America’s Top Colleges, Forbes (#364 out of 500 ranked schools in the U.S.)
- 14th Best Bang for the Buck Midwest College and 44th Best Master’s University, Washington Monthly
- Best Colleges in America, ranked by value, Money Magazine
To calculate the rankings, U.S. News focuses on academic quality and places emphasis on outcome measures – including graduation rates, retention rates, graduate indebtedness and social mobility. Outcomes are the mostly highly weighted ranking factor, contributing 40% to each school's overall score. U.S. News uses the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education to group schools into like categories. MSOE is classified as a Regional University.
Read more about all of MSOE’s rankings.
Milwaukee School of Engineering is the university of choice for those seeking an inclusive community of experiential learners driven to solve the complex challenges of today and tomorrow. The independent, non-profit university has about 2,700 students and was founded in 1903. MSOE offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in engineering, business and nursing. Faculty are student-focused experts who bring real-world experience into the classroom. This approach to learning makes students ready now as well as prepared for the future. Longstanding partnerships with business and industry leaders enable students to learn alongside professional mentors, and challenge them to go beyond what’s possible. MSOE graduates are leaders of character, responsible professionals, passionate learners and value creators.