Early College Credit Program
The Early College Credit Program at MSOE will allow students to continue their education beyond what participating high schools have to offer. Students have the options to get an introduction to many different academic programs as well as taking higher level English, Math, and Science Courses. ECCP will provide you with a step ahead of others on your path to Higher Education.
In order to be eligible for the Early College Credit Program:
- Students must have completed the 10th grade.
- Students must have good academic standing and have an acceptable disciplinary record.
- Students must apply to the post-secondary institution in the semester prior to the one in which the student plans to attend the post-secondary course.
- Students must apply no later than March 1st for a course to be taken in the fall & winter quarter or October 1st for a course to be taken in the spring quarter.
How you benefit:
- You take a college course at no cost.
- If you successfully complete the course you may be granted high school and college credit. Check with your guidance counselor for your school districts policies.
- Advanced learning opportunities.
- Early transitioning to college.
Materials required for application:
- A Wisconsin's Private, Nonprofit Colleges and Universities(WAICU) Early College Credit Program and High School Special Agreement Form.
- An official high school transcript through last completed high school semester.
- Please send official AP Test scores for any classes that require a prerequisite. To see AP test equivalents click here
- A MSOE Early College Credit Program Application
Although students may enroll in any MSOE course for which they meet the prerequisites, the following freshman level courses have typically been popular with YOP students. View the Academic Catalog to browse the available courses. In order for your school district to pay for a course, they must first approve your enrollment in that course. Please note that course times vary each quarter.
The following are some suggested ECCP courses at MSOE.
- AC 1103 - Introduction to Actuarial Science (3 credits)
- BA 1000 - Business Foundations (3 credits)
- BA 1801 - Business Technology (3 credits)
- BA 1220 - Microeconomics (3 credits)
- BE 1005 - Introduction to Biomedical Engineering (3 credits)
- BI 102 - Cell Biology and Genetics (4 credits)
- CE-1901 Digital Logic l (4 credits)
- CH-200, CH-201 Chemistry l, ll (4 credits)
- CS-1011 Software Development l (4 credits)
- CS-1021 Software Development ll (4 credits)
- CS-2852 Data Structures (4 credits)
- EB-1001 Intro. To Biomolecular Engineering (3 credits)
- GS 1001, GS 1002, GS 1003 Freshman Studies I, II, III (4 credits)
- IE 1000 - Introduction to Industrial Engineering Profession (4 credits)
- IE 1190 - Computer Applications in Industrial Engineering (4 credits)
- MA 383 Linear Algebra (3 credits)
- MA 1830 Transition to Advanced Topics in Math (4 credits)
- MA 1840 Computer Applications in Applied Math (4 credits)
- MA-136, MA-137, MA-231 Calculus for Engineers l, ll, lll (4 credits)
- ME-1601 Intro. To Engineering Design (3 credits)
- PH 2010 Physics 1 Mechanics (4 credits)
General ECCP Timeline