MSOE Women in Technology
National Center for Women in IT (NCWIT)
MSOE is an Academic Alliance of NCWIT. As an MSOE student you can connect with NCWIT—at no cost—for networking opportunities, scholarships, internships/jobs, and so much more!
- Join the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing (AiC) Community: Once accepted, you will receive a link to join a private NCWIT AiC Community Facebook Group for students and professional mentors.
- Apply for the NCWIT Collegiate Award (annually, Sept. 1-Oct. 15)
AnitaB.org is a social enterprise that supports women in technical fields and connects, inspires and guides women in computing. It also produces the annual Grace Hopper Celebration—the world’s largest gathering of women technologists—in October.
- Subscribe to the AnitaB.org newsletter
- Join Systers, the online community founded by Anita B. herself
- Apply for the Grace Hopper Celebration Scholarship (annually, January)
- Mark your calendar for July – The AnitaB.org Resume Database opens and Grace Hopper Ticket Sales begin (and usually sell out in an hour)
- Attend the Grace Hopper Celebration (October)
Other Resources and Ways to Get Involved
There are many ways to get involved in national organizations and on campus. Here are a few recommendations:
- Computer Research Association (CRA-WP)
- Rewriting the Code
- Follow NCWIT and AnitaB.org on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Explore GitHub for groups of interest (e.g. Ladies Storm Hackathons provides insider info related to the Grace Hopper Celebration)
- Consider running an Aspire IT workshop for middle school girls. Contact Liz Taylor for details