- Program Details
The MSOE MBA in Education Leadership combines best practices in business and education leadership; emphasizes character education; focuses on eliminating the global achievement gap; explores best practices in character education during an international trip; and ignites the change-maker initiative to lead high-performing schools of character.
The Essence of Character-driven Leadership
The MSOE MBA in Education Leadership combines a rigorous Master of Business Administration with a unique curricula tailored to school principals and aspiring school leaders. Character development and education leadership are the tenants that guide this program. You will learn how to lead highly effective education organizations, creating an environment where character formation for children and character culture for school staff is the foundation for success.
- The unique curricula combines a rigorous MBA that is tailored to aspiring school leaders.
- Offered on a convenient part-time basis enabling students to work in their school districts as they attend classes two Saturdays per month.
- Follows a cohort model that begins in July and can be completed in 16 months.
- Qualified applicants will receive a generous scholarship.
- Students who work in a rural district and reside two or more hours from MSOE will receive free hotel accommodations near campus each Friday night before class.
- Upon successful completion of the MBA in Education Leadership, qualified candidates are eligible for Wisconsin principal licensure.
Who Should Apply
- School principals and vice principals who aspire to transform their skills as highly effective leaders.
- K-12 educators with a minimum of three years of successful, full-time classroom teaching experience, who are anxious to advance their careers to become school principals.
All MSOE graduate students are eligible to apply for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. If you are employed, we recommend that you speak with your employer about tuition reimbursement assistance. Most of MSOE’s graduate students are employed full-time and more than 70 percent receive employer tuition support.
100% of the MBA in Education Leadership graduates at MSOE graduated on time, are working full-time in K-12 and received principal licensure if they were eligible.
For more information, contact
MSOE Graduate Admissions
MBA in Education Leadership Curriculum
The MSOE MBA in Education Leadership is an innovative program that prepares individuals to become outstanding administrators and district leaders, creating world-class American schools. The innovative program is targeted at teaching professionals with a minimum of three years of PK12 teaching experience who wish to advance in school leadership roles. On successful completion of the program, qualified participants receive both a Master of Business Administration and Wisconsin State Principal Licensure. The program is also an excellent professional growth opportunity for K12 administrators and business managers who wish to enhance their leadership skills through a specialized MBA.
MB-6310 Professional Seminar I: Leadership Education
MB-6010 Leadership and the Global Achievement Gap
MB-6100 Statistical Thinking and Data Analytics
MB-6000 Distributed Leadership for Effective Organizations
MB-6900 Project Management for Leading Change
MB-7700 Maximizing Stakeholder Relationships
MB-6200 Creating Financial Intelligence
MB-7500 Building Value through Technology
MB-6600 Developing and Leveraging Human Capital
MB-7800 Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
MB-6950 Facilitating Change in Complex Systems
MB-8100 Final Project – Education Leadership (Including International Experience)
As educators and school leaders, graduates of the MBA in Education Leadership will be able to achieve the following within three to five years of program completion:
- Rise to significant leadership positions in PK-12 education.
- Direct innovative educational initiatives and formulate policies using sound analytical skills and evidence-based practice.
- Lead educational change efforts to raise the achievement of all students, with a particular focus on eliminating and preventing the global achievement gap in PK-12 education.
- Demonstrate the ongoing development and integration of effective leadership traits and ethical principles into personal and professional personas.
- Build and sustain relationships among diverse constituents, stakeholders and policymakers who foster a culture conducive to increased student achievement.
- Develop the next generation of teachers who will continue to pursue global excellence in student achievement.
- Design and establish systemic processes, protocols and technologies to develop and empower high-performance teams and teachers to drive student achievement.
- Manage school environments to foster student achievement, realize staff development, and nurture the public trust.
- Influence and enact Wisconsin school law and education policy to enhance the learning environment.
The program content is based on curricular standards from the Association for the Advancement of Colleges and Schools of Business (AACSB) and key outcomes and competencies from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Principal Licensure program. Outcomes and competencies common to both disciplines form the course core, with education-specific content realized through case studies and the clinical practicum.
MBA Education Leadership Program Director
Dr. Ruth Barratt