Software engineering (SE) is concerned with developing and maintaining software systems that behave reliably and efficiently, are affordable to develop and maintain, and satisfy all the requirements that customers have defined for them. SEs must think creatively about the design of software systems, find clever solutions to problems, exploit the best engineering practices, and maintain a high-level vision of how all the parts fit together.
Focus on Software Engineering and Computer Science
Prerequisite: introductory high-school Java programming or previous Java programming experience
Software engineers are the people that write the programs run your Android/iPhone apps, your favorite game, your car, or even your dishwasher. Software (that is, computer programs) run every computer. Demand for talented software engineers continues to grow. You can be the person that writes the next big app. This intense, week-long summer camp will expose you to what people software engineering (SE) field do, build upon the Java programming skills you’ve already acquired in high-school.
You will get hands-on exposure by working closely with faculty in our labs on projects like the following:
- Learn how to create PC-based Java game applications using advanced graphics techniques such as animation, transparency.
- Create a Java-based virtual robot that battles other student-written virtual robots on a virtual battlefield.
- Create a Java program to control a Lego Mindstorm robot
- Learn to program Android-based devices, such as phones and tablets, using Java
Computer science is one of the fastest growing, highest paying professions with impacts in virtually every corner of society. Whether its smartphones, automobiles, advanced manufacturing, or big data, emerging developments in computer science and artificial intelligence enable breakthrough innovations for the challenging problems of our time.
- Learn, design, and implement logic and algorithms to solve complex problems
- Designing and implementing artificial intelligence solutions
- Hands on applications
MSOE’s four-year bachelor of science degree in computer science will prepare you to write cutting-edge software to solve tomorrow’s problems with a special emphasis on machine learning and artificial intelligence. Whether it’s smartphones, automobiles, advanced manufacturing, or big data, emerging developments in computer science and artificial intelligence enable breakthrough innovations for the challenging problems of our time.