Ready to learn more about Milwaukee School of Engineering and our computer science degree? Filling out the application is fast and easy!
MSOE’s computer science degree prepares you for a career in a wide variety of computing areas including: app development, artificial intelligence embedded systems programming, test engineering, software engineering, machine learning, web development, and many more. MSOE computer science students will develop skills to solve problems using algorithms, applied mathematics, and artificial intelligence in a hands-on environment working on real problems with faculty who have relevant industry experience. Students will learn in AI, big data, and robotics labs that will facilitate individual and collaborative problem-solving to tackle real-world challenges. Students will also work on projects with industry sponsors to further gain applications-based experience.
Computer science is one of the fastest growing, highest paying professions with impacts in virtually every corner of society. You’ll leave MSOE with a strong core skill set in applied mathematics, programming languages, algorithms and artificial intelligence.
You may want to consider CS at MSOE if you...
- Enjoy solving problems or playing with computers
- Find bugs or errors in software and think “I would have done this differently”
- Are fascinated by apps and wonder “how does this work?”
- Enjoy logic and are able to do mathematics with precision
- Are prepared to be a lifelong learner to keep up with trends in the rapidly-changing computer industry
- Enjoy exploring the tradeoffs between multiple ways to solve a problem
- Appreciate understanding and expressing the steps to solve a problem
- Are intrigued by artificial intelligence or machine learning
This program was developed to meet or exceed requirements of the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC, a committee within ABET) criteria. Formal program accreditation cannot occur until after the first class graduates (2022).
Read more about MSOE's B.S. in Computer Science.
Get to know our distinguished computer science faculty!