Read more about MSOE's Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree.
A degree in mechanical engineering prepares students for careers in industries such as energy, environmental, manufacturing, biotechnology, medical, transportation, aerospace and more. The degree also forms a solid foundation for further graduate studies.
Electives in MSOE’s mechanical engineering program allow for specialization including mechanical design (solid mechanics, machine dynamics and medical applications), energy systems (renewable energy, aerodynamics, thermal systems and fluid power) and materials/manufacturing (metals, polymers, composites and processing).
You may want to consider ME if you …
- Want to design and improve devices that will make the world a better place
- Like to take things apart and put them back together
- Enjoy using math in a practical way to solve problems
- Have a strong interest in computing, and using computers to solve practical problems
- Like the mechanics topics (force, motion and energy) in your physics classes
This program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Graduate Outcomes Rate for the Program
Get to know our distinguished ME Faculty!