Money Monday Blog - Nov. 26
Welcome back to Money Monday! We hope you're stuffed and well rested from Thanksgiving. Winter Quarter has begun, and let's hit the ground running! Please be aware that the Winter Quarter bill is due Dec. 10. Following that, late fees may be assessed. If there is an issue with your financial aid, like verification or something isn't quite showing up right, make sure to give us a call sooner rather than later!
Our first financial literacy event of the year is coming up! Make sure you check out "Adulting 101" for a brief primer on items like savings accounts, financial goals, budgets and more! Free food will be provided! This event will be on Monday, Dec. 3 at 5 p.m.
We are currently preparing for our next wave of MSOE Scholarships. If you haven't heard on an opportunity you applied for, don't worry--we're still in the process of awarding them. The next bunch will be 19-20 scholarships that next year's freshmen can apply for, as well. Keep checking back for more awesome opportunities!
- Business and Lawncare Interested Students: $1,000 Lawnstarter Scholarship (Dec. 31)
- Business Students: $5,000 G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship (Jan. 18)
- Actuarial Science Minority Students: Actuarial Diversity Scholarship (Varies) (May 15)
- UXCD Students: Visual Excellence Scholarship (May 15)
- CE and CS Students Interested in Videogames: $1,000 Gaming Scholarship (May 15)
- Computer Science Students: $1,000 Network Olympus Scholarship (July 1)
- Business and Lawncare Interested Students: $1,000 Lawnstarter Scholarship (Aug. 20)
- Southeastern Wisconsin AE or HVAC Interested Students: $2,500 NARI Remodeling Scholarship (Dec. 3)
- MSOE Sophomores and Juniors: $7,500 Barry Goldwater Scholarship (Jan. 25)
- STEM Students: $8,000 Boren National Security Study Abroad Scholarship (Feb. 7)
Due This Month:
- All Students: $1,000 Rosen Hagood Community Service Scholarship (Nov. 30)
- 2019-20 MSOE Freshmen: $5,000 Sixt Scholarship (Nov. 30)
- STEM and Space Interested Students: $10,000 National Space Scholarship (Nov. 30)
- All Students: $5,000 Course Hero Study Scholarship (Nov. 30)
- All Students: $5,000 Education Matters Scholarship (Nov. 30)
Best of luck to those who apply!