All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.
Managing Troubled Projects
Are you leading a project that seems like it’s doomed to fail? Are you constantly putting out fires on a project and it’s spiraling out of control? This course gives you stress-relieving tools and techniques to manage troubled projects and determine if they can be recovered. You’ll learn how to assess a project’s health, how to communicate project challenges to upper management, and when and how to save a project or just pull the plug.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers responsible for leading multi person or cross functional teams who are currently leading a project that is at risk of not meeting its goals
- If you are leading a project in the execution phase and are at risk of any of the following:
- Estimated budget, schedule, or scope will not be met
- Overall quality will not be acceptable or
- Project customers will not be satisfied
- Project managers looking to proactively learn about how to detect and course correct a troubled project
Immediate Takeaways & Benefits
- Understand and identify drivers of project failure
- Use tools to monitor if a project is in trouble
- Rapidly assess project health and identify the root cause of troubles
- Develop a project recovery plan
About the Instructor
Patty Kramer is an adjunct assistant instructor in MSOE’s Rader School of Business, where she teaches graduate-level marketing, project management and leadership courses. She has more than 20 years experience working in the marketing ranks for consumer products companies such as SC Johnson, Dow Chemical and Hanover Foods, and she has led numerous innovation and business projects. She is the founder and president of BrandBlazers, a marketing consulting and leadership training company that works with clients and their teams across a variety of product and service categories.
Time: 8 a.m. - Noon
PDHs: 4.0 | CEUs: 0.4
Why should you choose MSOE? Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.
“Our courses are grounded in global best practices but bring you practical, real-world application, not just theory. Our experienced faculty helps you work with existing challenges and projects to apply and make relevant the content to your own leadership and business challenges.”
— Patty Kramer, MSOE instructor and marketing expert