All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.
Sales Techniques for Professionals
Looking to take your sales game to the next level? Whether you’re a seasoned sales pro or new to the field, you need to have a deep understanding of the art of selling and be willing to constantly refine your technique if you’re going to thrive in the ultra-competitive, high-pressure world of sales. This intensive, highly interactive, two-day workshop combines role playing, observation and personalized feedback to strengthen your sales performance — and help you ultimately close more deals.
Elevate your role from sales professional to trusted adviser as you practice a consultative selling and solutions-based approach to selling your product or service. Apply new ways to listen, observe and respond to verbal and nonverbal cues that reveal your customers’ needs and concerns. Then, put the skills you’ve learned into action at an after-class networking event.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who wants to get better at selling their ideas and influencing others
- Sales engineers
- Supervisors/managers/directors of engineers
- Sales professionals and sales support staff
- Students or professionals who are considering a career in sales
Immediate Takeaways & Benefits
- Understand the concept of consultative sales and apply this ethic in sales relationships
- Develop a strategy to identify and develop a pipeline for new business development
- Build confidence in selling yourself and your product/services
- Self-check your own delivery style and adapt it to your audience
- Uncover customer needs and wants through active listening and pertinent questions
- Negotiate based on the value provided
- Leverage techniques to meet your prospects’ objections and close the sale
About the Instructor
Sue Hoerchner is an award-winning instructor who has spent more than 20 years teaching marketing, business development, leadership and management principles in MSOE’s Rader School of Business. A veteran sales and marketing professional, she continues to work as a senior manager for a Fortune 500 company and has deep industry experience in retail, accounting, financial services, higher education, information technology, human resources, contract services and manufacturing.
Date: TBD (2-day course)
Time: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: 233 E. Juneau, Milwaukee, WI 53202
CEUs: 1.6 | PDHs: 16
Why should you choose MSOE? Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.
“This workshop offers a solid framework to help the sales professional customize a sales methodology that works for them and their product or service. There is no magic formula or checklist to complete to be successful at selling. The secret sauce, so to speak, is about building and developing relationships with people and listening — really listening. This way the sales person can focus on what’s important to the prospect and/or customer to determine if there is a true fit to gain their business. The end goal is to establish a relationship to be a trusted business advisor. After all, people buy from people.”
— Sue Hoerchner, instructor and sales and marketing professional