All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.
Six Sigma Black Belt
The Six Sigma Black Belt certificate is one of the most sought-after business credentials today, and for good reason: it can help you catapult your business to new levels of operations excellence AND help you scale new heights in your career. This in-depth, action-oriented course builds on the Six Sigma Green Belt curriculum, deepening your knowledge of Six Sigma’s strategic, data-driven methodology and tools to help you solve complex, cross-functional problems. Drawing on your deeper set of Black Belt skills, you’ll become a change agent who can reduce waste and maximize results.
You’ll use the model of Plan, Train, Apply and Review throughout the course and project work. Simulation exercises, experiential training, team projects and case studies will enhance your hands-on learning. By the end of the course, you’ll have mastered the roadmaps and strategies you need to dramatically improve many aspects of your business.
Please note: A laptop is required for in-class work. Enrollment is limited to those who have completed the Six Sigma Green Belt course.
Who Should Attend
- Project managers
- Process engineers
- Manufacturing engineers
- Reliability engineers
- Anyone interested in enhancing continuous improvement efforts using Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Define: Identifying Needs, Project Chartering, Team Formation, Project Management, Change Management, Meeting Management, Communication Planning, How to use a Communication A3 and/or Problem Solving A3
- Measure: Mapping Tools, Understanding Demand, Understanding Current State, Risk Assessment, Metrics & Measures, Basic Statistics, Minitab & Data, Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Passive Data Study Preparation
- Analyze: Statistical Hypotheses, Making Comparisons (to a standard, one-one, multiple), Testing Relationships, Understanding Sources of Variation, Statistical Confidence
- Improve: 5s, Setup Reduction, Visual Management, Kaizens, Standard Work
- Control: Control Methods, SPC, Validating Results, Change Management
Immediate Takeaways & Benefits
- Understand the process and integration of Lean with Black Belt tools
- Learn how to scope and define a project
- Deliver dramatic project results within and across processes
- Strengthen the skills you need to lead performance improvement teams
About the Instructor
David Wilson is an adjunct assistant professor in MSOE’s Rader School of Business. He is a seasoned professional with proven expertise in driving operational excellence, continuous improvement and business development through Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies. He holds Black Belt and Master Black Belt certifications from Allied Signal, Quality Manager certification from ASQ, and Design for Sound Quality certification from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His diverse business background includes consumer products, food and beverage, OEM electro-mechanical, custom heavy equipment and automated machinery, appliance, medical and dairy industries.
Date: November 5 - 8 and December 3 - 6 (must attend both weeks)
Time: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Why should you choose MSOE? Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.