Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
If you’re looking for breakthrough results, Six Sigma is the rocket that can carry you and your business to new heights. Six Sigma’s strategic, data-driven methodology and tools, which first saved Motorola more than $16 billion, have since helped many of the world’s leading companies solve complex problems and transform their businesses.
MSOE’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training gives you a solid foundation in Six Sigma methodologies as well as Lean tools so you can identify and execute business improvement projects. In this in-depth and action-oriented course, you’ll use the DMAIC model and you’ll deepen your understanding of Six Sigma through simulation exercises, hands on exercises, and team projects. By the end of the five-week training, you’ll have a certificate that enhances your resume and the continuous improvement tools to become a master problem-solver at work.
Please note: A laptop is required for in-class work.
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare professionals
- Logistics professional
- Operations professionals
- Customer service professionals
- Project managers
- Process engineers
- Manufacturing engineers
- Quality engineers
- Anyone interested in enhancing continuous improvement efforts using Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Lean 101: Learn about the essence of Lean Manufacturing including such topics as Value-Add Analysis, Waste Reduction, Value Stream Mapping and 5S.
- Define: Proper Problem Definition related SMART goal setting, DMAIC, SIPOC Analysis, Problem Scoping, Six Sigma Flow Down, CTQ Analysis, and Stakeholder Analysis.
- Measure: Process Mapping, Cause Brainstorming using Ishakawa Diagrams, Basic Statistics, Minitab & Data Analysis, Measurement Systems Analysis, Central Limit and Sampling Basics, Process Capability Analysis.
- Analyze: Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Hypothesis Testing, Means and Proportion Testing, (performing comparisons to a standard, one-one, multiple).
- Improve: Improvement Centered Brainstorming Techniques, Financial Analysis, Piloting/Simulation.
- Control: Control Methods and Plans, SPC, Quantifiable Results Analysis Techniques, Change Management/Project Transition Techniques.
Immediate Takeaways & Benefits
- Understand the process and integration of Lean with Green Belt tools
- Learn how to identify and prioritize optimal projects
- Learn how to deliver lasting financial results in three to six months.
About the Instructor
Dr. Douglas Grabenstetter is an Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering at the Milwaukee School of Engineering specializing in Quality and Lean Six Sigma. Doug earned his Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Mississippi State University. He has over 30 years of manufacturing experience in various industries working for small, medium and large global conglomerates. Most recently before coming to MSOE, Doug served as a Continuous Improvement Manager and Master Black Belt for two global conglomerates.
- Dates: Saturday, September 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21, 2023
- Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Location: MSOE Campus
- Instructor: Dr. Douglas Grabenstetter
- CEUs: 4.0
- Price: $2,595 (5 week certificate course)
- $1,500 ( additional fee for certification)
Why Should You Choose MSOE?
Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.
“The MSOE Six Sigma program is different because of the extensive Six Sigma experience that is baked into each class, the addition of team dynamics and how to lead a team as well as available coaching and mentoring throughout your journey. It is not watered down and contains all the statistics originally intended to achieve breakthrough results.”
— David Wilson, Six Sigma expert
“I found the content of the Green and Black Belt curriculum to be outstanding and very applicable to real-world problems we were trying to solve. The instructors were engaging and helpful — it was clear that they cared about our success after the training was done.”
— Joel Strassburg, VP of Operations, Direct Supply
All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.