All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.
Six Sigma Green Belt
If you’re looking for breakthrough results, Six Sigma is the rocket that can carry you and your business to new heights. Six Sigma’s strategic, data-driven methodology and tools, which first saved Motorola more than $16 billion, have since helped many of the world’s leading companies solve complex problems and transform their businesses.
MSOE’s Six Sigma Green Belt training gives you a solid foundation in Six Sigma methodologies as well as Lean tools so you can identify and execute business improvement projects. In this in-depth and action-oriented course, you’ll use the model of Plan, Train, Apply and Review, and you’ll deepen your understanding of Six Sigma through simulation exercises, experiential training, team projects and case studies. By the end of the two-week training, you’ll have a certificate that enhances your resume and the continuous improvement tools to become a master problem-solver at work.
Please note: A laptop is required for in-class work.
Who Should Attend
- Project managers
- Process engineers
- Manufacturing engineers
- Reliability engineers
- Anyone interested in enhancing continuous improvement efforts using Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Define: Identifying Needs, Project Chartering, Team Formation, Leading a Project, How to use a Communication A3 and/or Problem Solving A3
- Measure: Mapping Tools, Understanding Current State, Risk Assessment, Metrics & Measures, Basic Statistics, Minitab & Data, Measurement Systems Validation, Passive Data Study Preparation
- Analyze: Statistical Hypotheses, Making Comparisons (to a standard, one-one, multiple), Testing Relationships
- Improve: 5s, Setup Reduction, Visual Management, Kaizens, Standard Work
- Control: Control Methods, SPC, Validating Results, Change Management
Immediate Takeaways & Benefits
- Understand the process and integration of Lean with Green Belt tools
- Learn how to identify and prioritize optimal projects
- Deliver dramatic project results (often between $50,000-$500,000) within just a few weeks or few months
About the Instructor
David Wilson is an adjunct assistant professor in MSOE’s Rader School of Business. He is a seasoned professional with proven expertise in driving operational excellence, continuous improvement and business development through Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies. He holds Black Belt and Master Black Belt certifications from Allied Signal, Quality Manager certification from ASQ, and Design for Sound Quality certification from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His diverse business background includes consumer products, food and beverage, OEM electro-mechanical, custom heavy equipment and automated machinery, appliance, medical and dairy industries.
Dates: September 17-20, 2018 and October 8-11, 2018 (must attend both weeks)
Time: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Why should you choose MSOE? Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.
“The MSOE Six Sigma program is different because of the extensive Six Sigma experience that is baked into each class, the addition of team dynamics and how to lead a team as well as available coaching and mentoring throughout your journey. It is not watered down and contains all the statistics originally intended to achieve breakthrough results.”
— David Wilson, MSOE instructor and Six Sigma expert
“I found the content of the Green and Black Belt curriculum to be outstanding and very applicable to real-world problems we were trying to solve. The instructors were engaging and helpful — it was clear that they cared about our success after the training was done.”
— Joel Strassburg, VP of Operations, Direct Supply