All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.
Getting Key Stakeholders to Support Your Project
If you want your project to succeed, you need to have buy-in, especially from your most influential stakeholders. Understand the power and influence of your project stakeholders so you can effectively develop strategies for productive project communications and learn to build communication strategies to handle even the most difficult stakeholders. Once you’ve mastered this art, you’ll be primed for success.
Who Should Attend
- Project managers leading cross-functional teams
- New project managers transitioning from team member to project manager
- Any project manager looking to enhance communication and effectiveness
- Project sponsors and department managers who are leading large projects or strategic initiatives
Immediate Takeaways and Benefits
- Initiate and ensure active sponsorship of new projects
- Stakeholder relationship management plans not project management plans)
- Utilize influence maps to determine which stakeholders hold the most influence over your project
- Develop and practice strategies for engaging project stakeholders
- Understand best practices for running stage gate meetings
- Introduce dashboards for communicating project status, risk and issues
About the Instructor
Patty Kramer is an adjunct assistant instructor in MSOE’s Rader School of Business, where she teaches graduate-level marketing, project management and leadership courses. She has more than 20 years’ experience working in the marketing ranks for consumer products companies such as SC Johnson, Dow Chemical and Hanover Foods, and she has led numerous innovation and business projects. She is the founder and president of BrandBlazers, a marketing consulting and leadership training company that works with clients and their teams across a variety of product and service categories.
PDHs: 4.0 | CEUs: 0.4
Why should you choose MSOE? Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.
“Stakeholders can make or break your projects! This course helps you fully understand who and how you will involve, manage and navigate their many wants, needs and demands so you can rally support and successfully manage projects to completion.”
— Patty Kramer, MSOE instructor and marketing expert