International Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Find out what it takes to get admitted to MSOE's undergraduate degree programs.
- A completed online undergraduate student application
- Official transcripts of all secondary or post-secondary schools that you attended (high school or college) showing complete results from every year.
- Official ACT/SAT highly recommended
- Official test results from TOEFL, IELTS or DuoLingo. MSOE’s TOEFL code is 1476. For full admission we require a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 82 with a minimum band score of 19 or a 6.5 on the IELTS with a minimum band score of 6.0.
- If your score is below the admission requirement, there is the option to apply for dual admission (both ESL and undergraduate course work at the same time).
- Original MSOE financial certification or original bank document (on bank letterhead) showing enough money to cover your education and living expenses at MSOE for one year along with an affidavit of support from the owner of the bank account.
- A copy of your current passport
- A completed housing application if you plan on living in the MSOE Residence Halls
- Proof that you will have health insurance coverage while studying at MSOE
- Chinese applicants who have taken the Gaokao may submit official Gaokao results to MSOE in place of an ACT/SAT exam score. In this case, qualifying applicants will also be given a virtual interview to verify English proficiency and will be eligible for admission for the upcoming fall intake. Gaokao score requirements for admission to MSOE’s undergraduate programs will be determined shortly after these scores are released.