Read more about MSOE's Music Program for-credit offering
Cultivate your musical passion for singing, playing and performing in MSOE’s Music Program. The program offers both a non-academic opportunity through Student Life, providing students a positive and engaging distraction from the stresses of the classroom. Students can earn Humanities credit for participation in one of four concert ensembles. Whether you're looking to earn credit or not, make sure to bring your passion for music!
All student musicians must complete the Music Registration Form, regardless of credit or non-credit involvement in the Music Program. Additionally, student musicians must have instructor permission and meet the following requirements:
- 2 years of experience in an applicable high school music program ensemble, or equivalent experience. Special accommodations may be made at director’s discretion.
- Able to read, rehearse and perform Grade 4 music.
Auditions are not required for participation in the music program, but may be used at director’s discretion for skills assessment and/or chair placements.
Regardless of ensemble, all students enroll in HU4800 - Music Performance I. First year students, contact the Coordinator of Music Programs to enroll.
Enhance your music skills and expand your creativity in a group atmosphere by joining one of our student ensembles. Students may participate in performance ensembles regardless of enrollment in HU4800-Music Performance I. Per quarter, students enrolled in HU4800-Music Performance I can only receive credit for participation in one performance ensemble, but may simultaneously participate in different ensembles for credit and non-credit. Rehearsal attendance for non-credit participation in a performance ensemble is on a voluntary basis.
Performance ensembles may change to reflect student interest.
- Concert Band (credit/non-credit)
- Concert Choir (credit/non-credit)
- Drum Line (non-credit only)
- Jazz Ensemble (credit/non-credit)
- Pep Band (non-credit only)
- String Orchestra (credit/non-credit)