This 27-hour seminar is designed to cover the knowledge of electro-hydraulic components including solenoid operated valves, proportional valves, servo valves and amplifiers. The seminar also covers the technicalities of in-field tuning of open-loop and closed-loop electro-hydraulic systems. The state-of-the-art Universal Fluid Power Trainers are used to demonstrate the theory presented.
Who Should Attend
Application engineers, system integrators, motion control engineers, sales engineers, field engineers and end users of electro-hydraulic components.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- recognize the difference in construction, principle of operation and characteristics between ON/OFF valves, proportional valves and servo valves.
- apply real-time control technique for EH systems and perform infield tuning to adjust the system performance.
- read the basic electronic schematics of the proportional/servo valve amplifiers.
- make the best selection of the components required to build open- and closed-loop electro-hydraulic control systems.
You also will earn 2.7 CEUs.
- Circuits for on/off valve operation
- Electro-hydraulic pump controls
- Electro-hydraulic cylinder position control
- Electro-hydraulic motor speed control
- Proportional and servo valve characteristics measurement
- Hydro-mechanical versus electro-hydraulic applications
- Electro-hydraulic system application
- Switching valves – construction and operation
- Switching valves – circuits for basic functions
- Proportional valves
- Servo valves
- Valve selection for an electri-hydraulic controlled actuator
- Electro-hydraulic system design considerations
- Control electronics for electro-hydraulic systems
- Electro-hydraulic valves commissioning and maintenance
Dr. Medhat Khalil – Director of Professional Education & Research Development, Applied Technology CenterTM, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Milwaukee, WI, USA.
Medhat has constantly been working on his academic development through the years, starting from Bachelor and Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Cairo, Egypt proceeding with his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and his Post-Doctoral Industrial Research Fellowship at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
He has been certified and is a member of many grand name institutions such as: Certified Hydraulic Specialist by the International Fluid Power Society IFPS; Certified Accredited Fluid Power Instructor by the International Fluid Power Society IFPS; Member of Center for Compact and Efficient Fluid Power Engineering Research Center (CCEFP); Listed Fluid Power Consultant by the National Fluid Power Association (NFPA); Member of the Board at the International Fluid Power Society (IFPS); President and Technical Director of CompuDraulic; Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
Having worked as Director of Professional Education and Research Development at MSOE’s Applied Technology CenterTM, Medhat has a vast working experience in the field of mechanical engineering and more specifically hydraulics. He has developed and taught fluid power system training courses for industry professionals, being familiar with the technological developments in the field of fluid power and motion control and the production program of the leading fluid power companies. In addition, he has designed several hydraulic systems based on ISO-Standard and developed several analytical and educational software programs.
Sept. 18 – 22, 2017
Includes all handout materials, graduation luncheon and break refreshments
Days 1-4: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Lunch: noon to 1 p.m.
Day 5: 9 a.m. to noon
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served daily.
Beverages/Snacks provided throughout the day.
Location and Lodging
Public seminars will be held at the headquarters of our new education partner, GS Global Resources, in Mukwonago, Wis.
- Address: 926 Perkins Drive, Mukwonago, WI 53149 [MAP]
- Training room #5050 on the second floor
- Site contact person: Jeanette Cutberth at (262) 378-5225
For directions and hotel recommendation, please refer to the GS Global Resources website.
Dr. Medhat Khalil
Director of Professional Education & Research Development
Certified Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist
Certified Fluid Power Accredited Instructor