MSOE offers new summer program in UX
MSOE is offering an exciting new summer program for high school students - Focus on Designing for Humans. The week-long camp, which focuses on the rapidly-growing User Experience field, gives students a chance to not only learn about the intuitive technology behind their favorite apps – but design a prototype of their own.
User Experience (UX) designers and researchers work on everything from apps like Snapchat, to voice assistants and game controllers. They make products more enjoyable and technology easier to use. Students who attend this summer program, offered the week of July 8-13, will:
• Develop basic skills for designing human-centered products through a series of fun and fast-paced design thinking activities
• Learn how to create stunning visual designs
• Design a conceptual prototype of an app or a chatbot
• Explore how digital innovations and Artificial Intelligence are used to understand and change human behavior
• Harness the power of storytelling to engage people in your designs
Focus on Designing for Humans is one of several summer programs MSOE offers. Students spend one week on campus, living in the residence halls and participating in the university’s Explore, Discover and Focus camps, learning about some of today’s most in-demand careers directly from MSOE professors and get hands-on experience in state-of-the-art laboratories. Learn more about our summer programs.