MSOE students are bright, creative, hard-working and fun to be around. Ours is a close-knit community of about 3,000 students, faculty and staff—large enough for big opportunities and small enough for personal attention.
Our faculty are passionate about teaching. MSOE does not use teaching assistants, and our professors have an average of seven years industry experience each. This allows them to bring their practical knowledge to the classroom. Small class sizes (an average of 20 students per class, 11 students per lab) keep instructors in close contact with students.
Student enrollment (Fall 2019): 2,746 (full-time: 2,522; part-time: 224)
- Undergraduate: 2,566 (Full-time equivalent: 2,516)
- Graduate: 180 (Full-time equivalent: 124)
- International students: 162 students representing 27 countries
Faculty focus on teaching
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 14-to-1
- Average class size (undergraduate): 20
- Average class size (graduate): 10
- Full-time faculty: 157
- Men (full-time) faculty: 103
- Women (full-time) faculty: 54
- Faculty with doctoral degrees: 129