Ohm’s law, Kirchhoff’s law, theories applied to basic circuits. Algebra and trigonometry are applied to aid in building fundamental mathematical skills. Step-by-step example problems follow all mathematical formulas. The seminar also includes an introduction to concepts of electricity, network analysis techniques, and vector diagrams and phase relationships, and concludes with chapters on resonance, three-phase AC, transformers, and AC motors. A CD-ROM is included and contains information to supplement the textbook.
Who Should Attend:
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Basic Concepts of Electricity
- Voltage Sources
- The Simple Circuit and Ohm’s Law
- DC Series Circuits
- DC Parallel Circuits
- DC Series/Parallel Circuits
- Complex Network Analysis Techniques
- DC Circuit Inductance
- DC Circuit Capacitance
- AC Fundamentals
- Vectors and Phase Relationships
- Resistive AC Circuits
- Inductive AC Circuits
- Capacitive AC Circuits
- Inductive-Resistive-Capacitive Circuits
- Three-Phase AC
- AC Motors
- Days 1-4: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Lunch: noon to 1 p.m.
- Day 5: 9 a.m. to noon
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served daily. Beverages/Snacks are provided throughout the day.
- Steven Fredette, Ph.D., P.E. – President; Fredette Consulting