Discover if Actuarial Science at MSOE is right for you.
MSOE offers a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science. Consistently ranked as one of the top occupations, actuaries use mathematics, statistics and software to forecast the probability and cost of an event. They are experts in:
- Evaluating the likelihood of future events—using numbers, not crystal balls.
- Seeking creative ways to minimize risk.
- Decreasing the impact of undesirable events that do occur.
You may want to consider actuarial science if you …
- Are able to do mathematics and detailed work with accuracy
- Have keen analytical, project management and problem solving skills
- Have an interest in business, including finance, accounting and economics
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Are proficient with computers and computer programs
This program is approved by the Society of Actuaries (SOA) and is included on the SOA listing of Universities and Colleges with Actuarial Programs (UCAP). Read more here.
Read more about MSOE's Actuarial Science undergraduate degree.