Dwight and Dian Diercks Computational Science Hall
Dwight and Dian Diercks Computational Science Hall and MSOE’s new Bachelor of Science in Computer Science position MSOE at the forefront of artificial intelligence education and next generation technologies. The new building, which opened in September 2019 is made possible thanks to a generous $34 million gift from MSOE Regent and alumnus Dr. Dwight Diercks ’90 and his wife Dian. Diercks Hall is located at 1025 N. Milwaukee St.
About Diercks Hall
Located in the heart of campus on Milwaukee Street, the building was designed with students and the community in mind by providing modern classrooms, innovative laboratories, an auditorium and spaces to support companies who partner with MSOE. Diercks Hall—and the courses taught within—position MSOE at the educational forefront in artificial intelligence (AI), deep learning, cyber security, robotics, cloud computing and other next-generation technologies.
Moments in Diercks Hall History
October 2017 marked the beginning of our Diercks Hall journey. Check out some of the notable video highlights that we've captured along the way.
More than $4 million has been contributed by several individuals and corporations to support long-term operations and maintenance of the facility. What's on each floor of the building? Check out the highlights.
By the Numbers
- 65,536 total square feet on four floors above ground
- 16,500 square feet of data-rich laboratories
- 11,500 square feet of interactive classrooms
- 2,000 square feet of senior design lab space
- 2,800 square feet of corporate and academic partnership space
- 3,500 square feet of collaboration and event space
- 18,000 square feet of underground parking
- 256-seat auditorium
- State-of-the-art data center with an NVIDIA GPU-accelerated AI supercomputer
- 7 contemporary classrooms
- 9 innovative teaching laboratories
- 25 faculty and staff offices
Party Like It's 1990
To celebrate Dwight's college years here at MSOE, we curated a custom playlist with some of the jams that rocked the top of the charts! We also made sure these tunes were playing during the day-long grand opening celebration.