Matt Stachelski was one of the best students to graduate from the Technical Communication (UXCD) degree program in 2011. In class, he proved himself to be an effective researcher, writer, and collaborator; out of class, he led numerous initiatives that benefited the MSOE and Milwaukee communities. His approach toward leadership was through the heart of a servant. He was smart and funny, empathetic and passionate; he was very good at being the best version of himself. Tragically, Matt died in a house fire in October 2015.
Matt exemplified the MSOE Mindset long before the university formally defined it. He was a leader of character; a responsible professional; a passionate learner; and a value creator. To honor his memory and legacy, we created the Matt Stachelski Memorial Bike Ride, which is supported by the Office of University Advancement.
2022 Memorial Bike Ride
Thank you to all those who donated and rode in the 2022 Matt Stachelski Memorial Bike Ride!
Why We Ride
The Matt Stachelski Memorial Bike Ride is an opportunity for the MSOE community to share a leisurely afternoon cycling together. The bike ride begins on the MSOE campus and then heads up the Oak Leaf Trail to the Estabrook Beer Garden—where we enjoy refreshments and each other’s company. A brief remembrance of Matt ensues before everyone bicycles back to MSOE.
Past Scholarship Recipients
- Sondra Salgado, Nursing – 2022 Recipient
- Sarah Cianciola, User Experience – 2021 Recipient
- Elaine Zamudio, User Experience – 2020 Recipient
- Sergio Amaya, Construction Management — 2019 Recipient
- Ramone Mingo, Electrical Engineering — 2018 Recipient
- Austin Basterash, Mechanical Engineering — 2017 Recipient
- Austin Campbell, Mechanical Engineering and Technical Communication — 2016 Recipient