FIRST Community Ambassador
2022-2023 Academic Year
As a MSOE STEM Center FIRST Community Ambassador, you will mentor local robotics teams in FIRST FLL, FTC and/or FRC programs in schools and community centers. You’ll gain invaluable leadership and community building experience, technical skills, and an opportunity to make a deep impact on the Milwaukee community and its youth.
You can work anywhere from 2-20 hours (determined by your availability) and earn $14.00 per hour (starting rate), in addition to transportation reimbursement to and from schools.
Many Milwaukee area, regional and national employers support FIRST programs and this role is a great way to enhance your resume in a unique, standout way along with the potential for networking with those employers at FIRST events.
You’re a great fit for this position if you are: ·
- Looking for a part-time job during the school year that includes making a positive impact in Milwaukee and helping K-12 students, educators, and STEM supporters have a great experience with robotics.
- A positive role model and wish to help K-12 students through basic technical tasks and problem solving.
- Willing to travel to schools within 5-30 minutes of campus to work directly with students in their schools and/or community centers – all travel expenses are covered by MSOE.
- Able to self-direct your work and commit to a regular schedule during each academic term (changing as your class schedule changes each term).
- Looking to make an impact in Milwaukee and serve students, educators, and STEM supporters in having a great experience with robotics.
NO previous FIRST experience or mentoring experience necessary, and hours are available during the day, evening, and/or weekends.
APPLY TODAY!! Don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!