Applied Technology Center™
Since 1981, MSOE’s Applied Technology Center™ (ATC) has provided innovative industry solutions plus education and networking to create competitive differentiation for clients and MSOE students. With more than 250 industry-sponsored projects annually, most of which are conducted under non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), our centers and students are at the forefront of providing solutions to real-time challenges facing industry. Around 40 undergraduate and several graduate research assistants support the operations within the centers.
The ATC is home to several centers of excellence:
- Center for BioMolecular Modeling (CBM)
- Fluid Power Institute™(FPI)
- Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC)
- Professional Education Research and Development (PERD)
- Rapid Prototyping Center (RPC)
In addition, the ATC manages MSOE’s sponsored grants from all federal agencies and collaboration with industry projects including technology transfer and licensing of intellectual property (IP).
Did you know that:
- FPI has been providing fluid power education and solutions to industry since 1962 and was the first academic institution to join the NFPA in 1972
- PERD has instructed over 2,500 industry professionals in over 200 public and customer sites, in fluid-power-related courses in the last decade
- RPC, founded in 1991, developed the Additive Manufacturing Body of Knowledge (AMBOK) and the first Additive Manufacturing Certificate program for the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) & America Makes
- FPI has provided testing data for more than half of the lift bridges on the Milwaukee Riverwalk
- FPIC provides continuing education, aligned with NFPA’s Technology and Manufacturing Roadmaps, quarterly through ½-day seminars for 300+ industry professionals annually