Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC)
The FPIC is a partnership with the National Fluid Power Association and other stakeholders in the fluid power industry. The FPIC provides quarterly half-day technical seminars with a focus on the latest technological advances that provide you with solutions to overcoming challenges within your industry.
How Your Company Benefits:
- Access to the latest technology advances in fluid power vetted for no-sales pitch presented by industry professionals
- Association and networking with diverse industry representatives
- Interaction with MSOE’s Fluid Power Institute Technical Staff including engineers, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students
- Presentations are archived on a secure website for members to review at their convenience
- Professional Development Hours (PDH’s) or Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) awarded to participants upon request
- Member discount of 15% on MSOE’s Fluid Power Professional Education training programs
FPIC's 295-member companies include those that design and manufacture fluid power components and systems, system integrators, OEM’s, users and other organizations. Seminar topics are aligned with customer drivers from NFPA’s Fluid Power Technology and Manufacturing Roadmaps as well as topics recommended by seminar participants.
NFPA Fluid Power Technology Roadmap Customer Drivers:
- Increased Availability and Up-time
- Increased Productivity and Performance; including through efforts to provide autonomous functions and operations and use integrated data and intelligence
- On-time Delivery of the Machine; including through efforts to decrease lead time in getting the machine
- Lower capital and operating costs
- Compliance with Environmental and Safety Regulations and Machine Directives
- Easier and more Predictable Maintenance; including through efforts to use integrated data and intelligence
- Increased Energy Efficiency: including through efforts to reduce weight and increase power density
OEM’s manufacturers, SME’s Distributors and users are encouraged to join. The annual consortium membership fee allows the member company to send up to four employees to each of the quarterly seminars. There is no registration fee for NFPA member company employees to attend FPIC seminars. FPIC was started in 2017 and has experienced substantial growth since. Average program attendance was 92 in 2021. The 2022 programs will be hybrid, virtual using the Remo On-line conferencing platform and in-person at a specific regional location.
Topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Advanced coatings and hydraulic fluid technologies
- Micro-machining, batch-free heat treating, additive and hybrid manufacturing
- Advanced materials, composites, engineered plastics and sintered metals
- Robotics, advanced automation, smart systems, in-process sensing, feedback, and control
- Electrification IoT, AI software and smart tools for component and system design, simulation and optimization
- Thursday, March 7, 2024- Virtual
FPIC Member Feedback
- “Excellent shared experiences in the current environment we find ourselves.”
- “I liked the panel discussion. It created a broad discussion of topics more relevant to a larger audience.”
- “Great info on high volume automation in real applications.”
- “Good presentations from all presenters. Good subject coverage and explanation given. Look forward to many more.”
- “The presenters were relevant, engaging and overall offered great content.”
Previous FPIC presentation titles and Abstracts can be found here.