Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC)
The FPIC is a partnership with the National Fluid Power Association member companies and other stake-holders in the fluid power industry. It’s more than 320-member companies include those that design and manufacture fluid power components and systems, system integrators, OEM’s, users and other organizations. The FPIC provides quarterly half-day technical seminars with a focus on the latest technological advances that provide you with solutions to overcoming challenges within your industry. Seminar topics are aligned with NFPA’s Fluid Power Technology and Manufacturing Roadmaps as well as topics recommended by the seminar participants.
How Your Company Benefits:
- Access to the latest technology advances in fluid power vetted for no-sales pitch presented by industry professionals
- Association and networking with diverse industry representatives
- Interaction with MSOE’s Fluid Power Institute Technical Staff including engineers, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students
- Presentations are archived on a secure website for members to review at their convenience
- Professional Development Hours (PDH’s) or Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) awarded to participants upon request
- Member discount of 15% on MSOE’s Fluid Power Professional Education training programs
2018 Seminar Dates and Topics:
- June 1: “Advanced Hydraulic Fluids for Enhanced System Reliability”
- September 7: “Robotic Automation for Small Batch Manufacturing of Fluid Power Components”
- December 7: “Advanced Sealing Technologies and Materials for Improving System Reliability”
2017 Year in Review:
- A total of 110 individuals from industry and academia participated with 27 attending more than one of the seminars. Seminar attendance ranged between 35 and 45
- The participants represented 63 Companies including; Afton Chemical, Argonne National Laboratory, Bimba Manufacturing, Caterpillar, Charter/Dura-Bar, Daman Products, Exxon Mobil, Evonik Oil Additives, Gates Corp., HUSCO International, Hydac USA, Hydraforce, John Deere, Linde Hydraulics, Lubrizol Corp, North American Die Casting Association, Oshkosh Corp, Parker Hannifin, Shell Global Solutions, Sun Hydraulics, Poclain Hydraulics, Precision Plus, Thomas Magnete USA among others
- Praise from previous seminars:
- "It was an excellent presentation"
- "Seminar exceeded my expectations, presentations were very informative and not beyond the technical capabilities of the audience"
- "I thought the presenters were excellent examples of experts in their field"
- "Conversation during presentations was great"
- "Awesome, Excellent, Thank You"
The annual consortium membership fee is $2,000 which allows the consortium member to send up to four individuals to each of the quarterly seminars. There is no registration fee for NFPA member companies.