Get to know MSOE! Our virtual tours of campus will take you to the spots that you'll become familiar with during your time as a Raider. Located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, MSOE is perfectly situation just blocks from Lake Michigan, the entertainment district and so much more.
At MSOE, we define a transfer student as someone who has either been out of high school for more than two years or who has attended another college or university. Here are MSOE’s requirements for transfer admission:
- High school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores are not required if you have completed 24 or more college credits.
- If you do not have college credit but have been out of high school for more than five years, then you need to submit your high school transcripts but do not need to submit ACT/SAT scores.
Business/Construction Management Majors
Minimum 2.75/4.0 cumulative GPA from the last regionally accredited school attended with at least 12 semester credits completed.
Bachelor of Business Administration - Technical Sales (AAS to BBA Transfer Program)
See the BBA - Technical Sales (AAS to BBA Transfer Program) for course planning.
Actuarial Science, Engineering, User Experience Majors
Minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA from the last regionally accredited school attended with at least 12 credits completed.
Minimum 3.0/40. Cumulative GPA for Direct Entry MSN program and Nursing (Accelerated Second Degree) program. Minimum 2.7/4.0 GPA considered with interview for Nursing (Accelerated Second Degree) program. Minimum GPA considered from undergraduate degree only.
Nursing (Traditional Track)
See the BS in Nursing (Traditional Track) for course planning.
Nursing (Accelerated Second Degree) or Direct Entry MSN
- A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited institution
- Completion of the following core courses:
- Anatomy & Physiology: 1 year total; at least 8 credits (two semester courses or three quarter courses)
- Chemistry: 1 year total; at least 6 credits (two semesters or three quarter courses)
- College math: at least 3 credits
- Statistics: at least 3 credits (within the last 5 years for Direct Entry MSN)
- Microbiology: at least 3 credits
- Nutrition: at least 2 credits
- Health Care Terminology: at least 1 credit
- Psychology: at least 3 credits
- Developmental Psychology: at least 3 credits
- Bioethics: any type of ethics, at least 3 credits
If you have not completed these courses, you may still apply to the program, but you must complete them as a prerequisite to the B.S. in Nursing – Accelerated Second Degree program. In addition to pre-requisites, you will also find a list of commonly asked questions about the BSN-ASD program to help you decide if the program is right for you.
WAICU-WTCS Transfer Agreement
Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (WAICU) Course Credit Transfer Agreement (CCTA) with Wisconsin's Technical Colleges (WTCS)
To assist Wisconsin Technical College students in furthering their academic and career goals, MSOE participates in a course-to-course agreement with Wisconsin's 16 Technical Colleges. The WAICU-WTCS Course Credit Transfer Agreement is designed to ensure a smooth transfer process for WTCS students who wish to pursue a degree at MSOE. The fourteen courses in the agreement will satisfy general education or general degree requirements when applicable. Students are responsible for confirming that these courses transfer to their intended major by working with their academic advisor.
SC Johnson STEM Scholars Pathway
Thanks to a generous donation from SC Johnson, the STEM Scholars Pathway encourages students to pursue in-demand STEM related degrees while receiving some financial support. High school seniors apply for this program to complete their 2-year degree with our partner Gateway Technical College and then finish their 4-year degree at MSOE in either Electrical Engineering or BBA-Management Information Systems. STEM Scholar students will receive a $7,500 scholarship each year at Gateway Technical College and then will continue to receive the $7,500 scholarship for their 2 final years at MSOE. This scholarship will then be matched by MSOE.
Eligible Gateway Tech programs: Electrical Engineering Technology, IT-Cybersecurity Specialist, IT-Data Analytics Specialist, IT-Network Specialist, IT-Software Developer, IT-Web Software Developer
Program applicants must:
- Be female, or an underrepresented student of color, or a low-income student
- Be a graduating senior attending a Racine County High school and residing within the Racine Unified School District
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher at the time of application
- Be pursuing a STEM related degree in field listed above