All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today at (800) 321-6763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.
Project Management Associate Certificate
Led by an expert from MSOE, this accelerated course combines the fundamentals of the PMBOK Process Groups and Knowledge Areas with practical, field-tested project management methods and strategies. After successfully completing the course, you’ll earn the Project Management Associate Certificate and be ready to tackle your next project with aplomb.
You’ll learn key project management concepts, how to implement effective processes, and develop the leadership skills to successfully plan, manage and deliver projects of any size and scope. Register now.
Dates: Thursdays, March 21, 28, April 4, 2024
Time: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Grohmann Tower, Rm 402
Instructor: Dr. Aaron Armstrong
CEUs: 2.4 | PDHs: 24
Who Should Attend
- Professionals who are new to project management
- Anyone who is looking to enhance their project management skills
- Project Management Basics
- Scrum & Agile Project Management
- Managing Troubled Projects
- Building a Culture of Communication
- Getting Key Stakeholders to Support your Project
- Making Thinking Visible
- Getting Key Stakeholders to Manage Your Project
- Learn how to use sponsorship and stakeholder engagement to boost project success
- Understand the project management life cycle and how to plan requirements and deliverables accordingly
- Develop essential tools to help you manage, communicate and problem solve through every stage of the process
- Identify, estimate and schedule tasks required to execute a project on time
- Apply techniques for risk management and monitoring and controlling a project
- Assess project performance and address areas of continuous improvement
About the Instructor
Dr. Aaron Armstrong is an Associate Professor in the Industrial Engineering program at the Milwaukee School of Engineering. Aaron’s research and consulting activity focuses primarily on process optimization with focuses on innovation and technology integration, project management, supply-chain coordination, enterprise resource planning (ERP) configuration, and quality planning, assurance, and control. Aaron previously worked for a decade for John Deere as a supplier development engineer, supervisor, manager, and senior engineer. During this time, Aaron and his staff of engineers worked with hundreds of companies around the world to help them become more responsive, flexible, and cost effective.
In addition, Aaron’s previous work experience includes setting up and running a second-tier automotive supplier, design engineering, light-metals fabrication, chemical research and development, and aerospace production. Aaron has a doctorate in Industrial Engineering, Master’s degrees in Business and in Manufacturing Systems Engineering, as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, all from the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
Why should you choose MSOE? Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.
“Over three fast-paced days, the Project Management Associate Certificate course introduces, explores and analyzes the basic components of project management. The combination of instruction, discussion and group exercises creates and maintains interest for those whose project management resume ranges from nil to full. The focus is not rote memorization in preparation for an exam. Rather, participants are encouraged to identify — and concentrate on — the project management processes and knowledge areas from which they can benefit the most.”
— Van Walling, Walling Consulting Services