You don’t have to commit to a full term to participate in global learning. Each year, there are a variety of opportunities for students to travel for one to two weeks. Faculty-led courses enable students to take a class at MSOE, earn credit and then travel with faculty members and classmates. Students can also have a hands-on experience by joining a student organization that teams with international non-profits to improve community infrastructure. There are always new and exciting places students are traveling.
For example, students might:
- Travel to London after studying health care in the UK
- Take a German Art History class in Munich
- Learn about doing business with China
- Visit Cuba and study the country's history in Old Havana
- Study 150 miles from the world-famous resort state of Goa, India
- Build a bridge in Guatemala with Engineers Without Borders
- Set up a clinic in Nicaragua with Global Brigades
- Study Russian history and architecture in St. Petersburg, Russia
MSOE has partnered with Education First (EF) to offer transfer credit for participating in a language program abroad. Study French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, or Chinese over the summer for two weeks or more.