How the Meal Plans Work
Do I have to take a meal plan if I live in the residence halls?
All resident students must participate in one of the four resident meal plans: Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze. Students have the option to select a meal plan that will align with their eating preferences.
- The Platinum plan is an all dollars-based plan and allows the student flexibility to eat in any campus location and manage their plan accordingly. Students who wish to eat in the cafeteria will pay a set rate of $7.15 for breakfast, $8.15 for lunch, and $9.15 for dinner. This plan is ideal for the student who eats 2-3 meals per day, seven days per week and wants flexibility and control in their dining location choices.
- The Gold, Silver, and Bronze plans offer a combination of meals and meal dollars. Students will have the opportunity to use a meal swipe in the cafeteria for an all-you-can-eat meal or a meal exchange (ME) at Skylight Café or Roscoe’s. Additionally, students can use meal dollars to purchase a la cart items.
- The Gold plan is ideal for the student who eats 2-3 meals per day, seven days per week.
- The Silver plan is ideal for the student who eats 2 meals per day, five days per week and an occasional weekend.
- The Bronze plan is ideal for the student who eats 2 meals per day, five days per week.
What happens if I do not eat all of my meals or use all of my meal dollars during the term?
Unused meals and meal dollars will carry forward to Winter and Spring terms, but are lost at the end of the Spring term.
Students who have unused meals and meal dollars will have the opportunity to and are encouraged to change meal plans for the Winter and/or Spring terms.
Where can I use my meal plan?
The RWJ Dining Hall is the only dining hall on campus, and serves all three residence halls. Most resident students will eat the majority of their meals here. Students can use a meal swipe (from the gold, silver, or bronze plans) for an all-you-can-eat buffet or pay a set rate (from the platinum plan) for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In addition to traditional dining fare, A’viands Food Services staff offers a variety of exciting and fun meals, holiday dinners, and special events are offered throughout the academic year.
Monday – Friday | Breakfast: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m.
Monday – Friday | Lunch: 11a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday | Dinner: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday| Brunch: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sunday | Brunch: 10 a.m. to 1. p.m.
Sunday | Dinner: 4:30 to 6 p.m.
Roscoe’s is a fast casual restaurant located on the ground floor of Regent’s Hall. Students can use a meal swipe to purchase designated meal exchange (ME) options or use meal dollars to buy a la cart items. Here you can find pizza, your favorite grill items and made to order deli sandwiches.
Sunday – Thursday: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday: 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The Skylight Café is located on the third floor of the Student Life and Campus Center and features soups, build your own salads, sandwiches, wraps, hot meals, pizza, snacks, Good to Go, and beverages. Students can use a meal swipe to purchase designated meal exchange (ME) options or use meal dollars to buy a la cart items.
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 to 7 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
What are Meal Exchanges (ME)?
Meal Exchanges are available at Skylight Café and Roscoe’s. Look for the ME icon to easily identify menu items and merchandise that qualify as a meal exchange. The meal exchange is part of the meal plan and equals one meal swipe.
What happens if I run out of meals or meal dollars?
If a student runs out of meals and meal dollars before the end of the quarter they can add money to their Raider Plan. The Raider Plan can be used RWJ Dining Hall, Skylight Café, or Roscoe’s. Money deposited into the Raider Plan can be used like a debit card for purchases – dollar for dollar – at Skylight Café and Roscoe’s. Students who wish to eat in the cafeteria will pay a set rate of $7.15 for breakfast, $8.15 for lunch, and $9.15 for dinner.