Discover if Biomedical Engineering at MSOE is right for you.
Biomedical engineers (BEs) help people by solving medical equipment and healthcare related problems using math, science and engineering principles. They design medical devices and systems and manage the manufacture, sales and use of this equipment in environments ranging from homes to hospitals.
You may want to consider BE if you …
- Want to help people by advancing health care technology and systems.
- Are excited by the idea of creating and working with the latest medical devices and systems.
- Enjoy biology and chemistry as well as math and physics
- Prefer activities involving equipment and processes rather than direct patient care
- Want to help people live happier and healthier lives, but prefer not to pursue a nursing, medical, or other clinical career.
This program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Read more about MSOE's Biomedical Engineering undergraduate degree.