Discover if Civil Engineering at MSOE is right for you.
Civil engineers are responsible for the design and construction of the infrastructure necessary to support civilized society. This includes buildings in which we live and work, transportation systems such as roads, railroads and airports, facilities to manage our natural water resources, and systems to collect, treat, and dispose of wastewater and solid wastes. Civil engineers generally work indoors in offices. However, they may spend some time outdoors at construction sites to monitor operations or solve problems at the site.
You may want to consider CVE if you …
- Are able to plan, direct and control the activities and work of others
- Are able to do mathematics and detailed work with accuracy
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Are able to visualize drawings or pictures as 3-D objects
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Read more about MSOE's Civil Engineering undergraduate degree.