Discover if Mechanical Engineering at MSOE is right for you.
MSOE offers a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, with options to specialize in mechanical design, energy systems, materials/manufacturing and control systems. Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest engineering disciplines. As a result, MEs work in a large number of industries, including aerospace, power generation, renewable energy, automation, manufacturing, transportation, building energy supply and medical devices — just to name a few.
At MSOE, the breadth of the ME program is its strength. Students get a wide exposure to the four main areas of ME, with options to specialize in one or more. As a result, students are able to find jobs in a wide variety of industries and positions. ME students use their degrees in medical applications, robotic applications and everything in-between.
You may want to consider ME if you …
- Want to design and improve devices that will make the world a better place
- Like to take things apart and put them back together
- Enjoy using math in a practical way to solve problems
- Have a strong interest in computing, and using computers to solve practical problems
- Like the mechanics topics (force, motion and energy) in your physics classes
Read more about MSOE's Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree.